They all laughed at Tiffany and Jessica. Jessica hasn't caught Tiffany yet for what she did to her. When Tiffany was trapped in one corner, Jessica grabbed her t-shirt and dragged her to where the others are.
"I can't believe we all did this just because you thought Heechul oppa is leaving for good." Jessica scolded Tiffany; her glare never leaving Tiffany.
"I'm sorry, I overheard auntie saying, "You stay in Macau for" and I thought she said good but it was actually good five days. I didn't hear the '5 days'." Tiffany explained her part. She held Jessica's hand with both of her hands and placed it on her cheeks. "Sorry, Sica-ah."
Jessica rolled her eyes and cutely pouted her lips. She glared at Tiffany. "You should get an ear check up, Fany..."
"I'm really sorry, Sica-ah..." Tiffany repeated her apology. She pouted her lips and her eyes transformed into a puppy's. "Yah! When are you planning to forgive me?"
"I'll only forgive you when you treat me ice cream tomorrow," Jessica said.
"DEAL!" Tiffany shouted.
"You girls are so childish.." Heechul told them.
"You don't care," Jessica rolled her eyes on Heechul. "Be thankful that I love you or I'll be strangling you right now.. N-O-W, now!"
"I love you too, my Sickal..." Heechul teased. Everybody knows Jessica doesn't like being called 'Sickal'
"Hey, Yoona-ah! You're a pretty good dancer!" Tiffany complimented.
Yoona just smiled at her and she shook her head in denial. "No, I have two left feet." She denied.
"Yes, you are..." Tiffany protested.
"I really am not." Yoona argued.
"Hmm, whatever you say!" Tiffany sang.
"You know, I just remembered." Kyuhyun said. "Seohyun-ah, why don't you sing for the pageant? You really have a good voice..."
Seohyun's eyes widened and made a denying gesture with her hands. "No, I don't sing at all..." She denied.
"Wait wait wait!" Yoona said. "What did you say, Kyuhyun-ah?"
"Uh, sing for the... pageant?" Kyuhyun guessed since he wasn't sure of what Yoona wanted him to repeat.
Yoona's eyes opened as wide as the milky way and stood up. She looked at her sister and pointed her index finger at Seohyun. Disbelief was painted on her face. "S-Seohyun joined a pageant?" Yoona asked Kyuhyun.
"I'm pretty sure she did." Kyuhyun answered.
Yoona sat back down and her mouth was opened. "Kyuhyun-ah..." She called him.
"Did you possibly.... drugged my sister that made her join that pageant?" Yoona asked.
"What?! Noona, what are you talking about?" Kyuhyun bellowed.
Heechul came near Kyuhyun and patted his back. "I won't blame Yoona-ssi for thinking that way, Kyuhyun-ah..."
Heechul continued, "You even used to dr---"
"SHUT UP HYUNG!" Kyuhyun shouted.
"I kind of agree with Heechul hyung, Kyuhyun." Donghae agreed to Heechul.
"What the?" Kyuhyun uttered. "Noona, what made you think of that?"
Yoona shrugged her shoulders. "Well, Seohyun isn't into those things. She more into books, you know."
"She even told me that she'll only join those pageants when it's the end of the world." Yoona added.
"Oh gosh! It's the end of the world!" Tiffany exaggerated.
"Unnie, stop..." Seohyun, who was extremely embarrassed of her sister, told Yoona.
"I didn't drug Seohyun, okay?" Kyuhyun cleared. "Tell them, Seo!"
"He didn't."
Jessica and Tiffany sat beside Yoona and looked at Kyuhyun with their eyes quarterly opened. "Then, why did she join then?" Jessica interrogated.
"Because..." Kyuhyun started.
"I listed her name..." Kyuhyun ended his statement but added another before they could scold him about what he did. "BUT she said she'll win the pageant!"
"You said WHAT?" Yoona questioned Seohyun. She was totally shocked of what she heard Kyuhyun said. The sister she knew wouldn't say things like 'win the pageant' or anything related to it.
Seohyun bit her lower lip and rubbed her nape as she bowed her head a little. "I... I did say that."
"... because I got pissed at Uee who also joined the pageant." Seohyun continued. She slowly looked at her sister, afraid how horrible her reaction would be about what she said. Imagining about Yoona's possible reactions scares and frightens her. When she looked at Yoona's face, she was shocked to see a smile forming from her lips.
"Unnie?"
"Oh my gosh! I never thought would hear this from you!" Yoona excitedly said. "I thought it would just be a dream..." She muttered.
"Well, I must say. You have a chance in winning." Jessica said truthfully.
"You are really beautiful, Seohyun-ssi." Tiffany commented.
"I knew I did right!" Kyuhyun proudly said.
Donghae put his arm around Kyuhyun's shoulder. "Ey! Just admit you have a crush on her, Kyu."
"Cho Kyuhyun never had a crush." Kyuhyun said in a matter-of-fact tone.
"You said 'had'..." Heechul pointed out.
Kyuhyun glared at Heechul and rolled his eyes on him. Yoona watched him and smiled. She giggled mentally while seeing her sister redden in embarrassment because of Donghae's statement. She felt happy inside for she never seen her sister like that because of a.... boy.
"Donghae knows because he was like that before!" Tiffany teased.
"Hey! Hey! Why is the topic focused to me now?" He asked.
"Don't try to avoid this topic, Hae. It's true anyways." Jessica revealed.
"I wasn't!" Donghae denied the accusation and coolly rested his head on his palm with his elbow on the backseat as a support.
"You were like that in high school! Remember Son Eunseo?" Jessica reminded him.
Yoona shifted awkwardly on her seat. She felt a little, no not a little but really uncomfortable listening to Jessica. She felt like she doesn't want to hear anymore about this Son Eunseo girl. She felt like her heart was being cut by millions knives and other pointed materials.
"I really thought Eunseo would be the one for him..." Tiffany revealed her thoughts.
Yoona's bones felt like they turned into jelly that they were wiggly. As if her bones became weak after hearing the words 'would be the one for him'. Him, it refers to Donghae. She felt like she was going to drop on the ground any minute now. She knew very well that she was feeling hurt but she doesn't know why. Why would she feel this way just because she heard them say that there was once a perfect girl for Donghae. Yoona shut her eyes closed to prevent the tears that were attempting to flow down. Even the tears that were supposed to flow, Yoona couldn't explain it. She opened her eyes and she secretly frowned.
"Hey, hey! Hyung's wife is here..." Kyuhyun said as he pointed Yoona after he noticed Yoona being uncomfortable and the secret frown she had. He saw Yoona looked and smiled at him as if she was saying thank-you but no one could explain Yoona's smile. He just returned a smile to Yoona as a don't-mention-it.
"Oh we're sorry, Yoona-ssi." Jessica apologized.
"It's okay..." She assured them.
"Well back to Seohyun," Tiffany changed the topic quickly. "Do you know you're very lucky?"
"Lucky? Why am I lucky?" Seohyun curiously asked Tiffany. Tiffany walked to her and sat beside her. She put her arms around Seohyun's shoulder.
"Me and Jessica were once crowned beauty queens before," Tiffany gestured her left hand in the air as if making an imaginary rainbow while reminiscing their good old days. "We can help you win." She smiled at Seohyun.
"You'll help me?" Seohyun confirmed if she heard Tiffany right.
"Yep and you'll beat that Uee girl." Jessica confirmed Seohyun.
"Are you serious?" Seohyun asked. Tiffany and Jessica nodded their heads twice and Seohyun smiled at them. "Thank you..."
"No problem!" said Tiffany.
"Shall we start?" Jessica invited. Tiffany and Seohyun nodded.
"Cool! I want to watch!" Kyuhyun excitedly said and Heechul just chuckled at him. Kyuhyun and Heechul pulled a chair and placed them in front the stage. They sat on the chairs comfortably as the three girls started.
Yoona watched her sister smile in interest. Yoona was really happy about her sister trying out something she never thought she'll be joining just like now. Though she wanted to watch them practice and put on a happy and excited smile, her mind seems to be occupied with different thoughts. Yoona needed fresh air and peace to think things out. She carefully stood up from her seat and quietly walked out the building.
Yoona walked slowly away. She looked up and gazed at the stars that were shining and twinkling at the night sky. She smiled. She was amazed by how beautiful the stars were. She stopped walking and turned to her right. She faced the swimming pool. The calmness of the water always helps her think things out. She stood by the side of the pool and heaved a deep sigh.
"Why did I feel that way?" She asked herself.
"I'm not supposed to feel that way." She said. "Why?"
She frowned and looked down her feet. "How did I even get into this situation?"
'Oh yeah. I was desperate that time. Blame poverty!' Yoona thought.
"Why was I hurt?" Yoona asked herself.
'I was hurt and I don't know why. Why can't I find the answers? I know I'm not much of a genius but I'm not brainless.' Yoona thought. She looked down at the pool and let herself be absorbed unto her pool of thoughts. 'Think, Im Yoona, think!'
"Lee Yoona..." She muttered when she suddenly remembered Kyuhyun reminding her of her correct 'surname'. 'No, it's all fake! I'm not a Lee. I'm still an Im. I'm not really married to Donghae.' Yoona scolded herself mentally.
Son Eunseo. The name suddenly popped in her mind. "Why does that name keeps on popping in my mind?"
'I remembered Jessica-ssi and Tiffany-ssi mentioning her... and Donghae. Then boom! I felt that... pain.' She thought. 'Could I possibly be j-- No! I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? Why in the world be I jealous?' Yoona denied in her mind.
--------------------------------------------
"Now, you're doing it right!" Tiffany praised Seohyun who was catching up fast.
Seohyun took off the books that were on her head after she walked five meters back to back. "It's kinda awkward walking that way."
"I'm not used on walking this way so I might... forget how to walk like this." Seohyun admitted to the two older girls.
"Just keep on practicing and you'll surely master it!" Jessica assured Seohyun.
Kyuhyun said nothing during the whole teaching moment which was... unusual because he would always complain, tease someone or find something to complain about or to tease someone. His attention was only on Seohyun as if he could see nothing but her. Kyuhyun was grinning and he didn't even notice himself grinning nor watching Seohyun the whole moment.
And on the other hand, Donghae was feeling uncomfortable. His eyes were roaming everywhere, searching for Yoona. His eyes couldn't stay in one direction. His head was looking at every direction in the room but he couldn't find her anywhere. Donghae felt worried. A while ago, he saw Yoona stood up and he thought that she just went to the comfort room but she never returned here. Before curiosity could really kill him, he stood up and secretly went out the building. Donghae searched for Yoona round the area.He looked at every direction. When he was at least 15 meters away from the building, he saw a female's figure standing by the pool. He already knew who it was. He ran to get near her and she looked like she was in deep thought. Really deep thoughts. When he was less 5 meters away, he shouted her name to steal her attention.
"Yoona!"
Yoona was startled by Donghae's surprising shout that she lost her balance and fell unto the pool. There was a loud splashing sound.
'I don't know how to swim,' Yoona's voice played on his mind and Donghae immediately ran and jumped unto the pool without thinking twice. He swam towards Yoona who was struggling to breathe. He got her and pulled her to his arms. He swam towards the edge of the pool while holding Yoona. He got out of water first and pulled Yoona up.
Yoona choked out water and she shivered from the coldness of the water. She stared at Donghae for a while then hit his arm. "Yah! W-why d-did you s-surprise m-me?" Yoona stuttered from the coldness.
"I didn't!" He objected. He brushed his dripping hair to the side and held Yoona tighter.
"Thanks anyway." Yoona thanked. "Thank you for saving me." Yoona smiled genuinely but still shivering.
"If it wasn't for you I might have died because I can't swim." Yoona dded.
"No problem." Donghae smiled. You don't have to say thank you, I will still do that even if you won't say thank you, his heart wanted to say.
He let go of Yoona and ran to get two towels, for him and for Yoona. He returned and handed Yoona one towel.
"Here, use this. You might get sick and I don't want you to get sick." Donghae told her.
Yoona smiled at him, this time even sweeter. "Thank you, oppa." She was touched by his genuine concern for her.
Donghae watched Yoona dried herself. He felt proud and happy about saving her. He finished drying himself and put the towel on his head.
"What were you thinking anyway?" Donghae asked.
"Just... things." Yoona simply answered.
"I think we should change clothes and then, go back. They might notice our disappearance." Donghae suggested.
"Good idea. Let's go," Yoona nodded and stood up with Donghae and they walked together back to change clothes.
-------------------------------
Seohyun was practicing her walk and poise. Jessica and Tiffany said that the poise and walk were one of the most important in a pageant except for of course the talent and the answer to the picked question. She removed the small tower of books that was on her head and she walked straightly.
"Bravo!" Tiffany cheered.
"Wonderful!" Jessica praised.
"You really think so?" Seohyun asked and they nodded.
"Now, you've mastered how to walk like a queen in flats. Now try walking in heels!" Jessica said as Tiffany showed her the 3-inched heels sandals.
Seohyun looked at the sandals as if she had never seen one before. She looked at Jessica and Tiffany with a pitiful look. "Do I really have to?"
"Of course! Have you ever seen a beauty queen walk in flats?" Tiffany asked and Seohyun shook her head.
Seohyun sighed. She took the sandals from Tiffany's grasp and put it on her feet. She analyzed the sandals that was already worn on her feet whether the sandals looked good on her or not and she was satisfied. She started stocking books again on her head and practiced walking. Seohyun smiled when she was doing well.
"Nice, Seohyun-ah!" Heechul commented as he noticed Seohyun's progression.
Seohyun now removed the books on her head and walked forward. When she was already near the edge of the stage, she accidentally tripped. She was about to fall on the floor if Kyuhyun didn't catch her.
Kyuhyun and Seohyun looked at each other's eyes for seconds. When Seohyun realized herself staring at him, she snapped out of it and stood up properly. "Uh, thank you Kyuhyun-ssi."
"It's nothing..." Kyuhyun smiled at Seohyun.
As if on cue, Yoona and Donghae were already inside with both of them wearing a hoodie. "Seohyun-ah." Yoona muttered but she grinned after.
"Kyuhyun, what are you doing to innocent Seohyun?" Donghae scolded his cousin.
"And why are you guys wearing a hoodie?" Heechul asked.
"Oh, unnie! Your hair's wet! What happened?" Seohyun noticed Yoona's air with her sharp eyes.
"Yeah you too oppa. What did you guys do?" Tiffany interrogated.
"Did you guys swim together alone?" Kyuhyun teased.
"You guys! I just fell on the pool and he saved me. That's it." Yoona briefly explained.
"You, Seohyun, Kyuhyun." Donghae pointed. "What happened?"
"Uhm... I tripped while walking on these heels." Seohyun pointed her sandals.
"She was about to fall and then I caught her!" Kyuhyun proudly said.
"Woah! Nice!" Heechul said. "It feels like Donghae and Kyuhyun transformed into black knights today, huh?" He added.
"Uh huh..." Tiffany agreed.
"You said it." Jessica said.
No comments:
Post a Comment