Saturday, November 19, 2011

Until the End Chapter 8: First Review and Baseball Try-outs



Narrator's POV


Donghae approached Yoona who was eating snacks while reading a Math book. He lightly slammed the desk and sat on the other chair to steal her attention. "What do you want, East Sea?"


"What did you say?" Donghae asked.


"I said, what do you want?! Do I really need to repeat it, East Sea?" She asked annoyed.


"What did you say? East Sea?" 


"Yeah.. Donghae means east sea right? What's the matter? You don't want to be called by your name? Then let's call you Fish! Since you look like a fish!" Yoona told him.



Donghae stood up and he was obviously pissed. "Fish huh? Then let me call you deer!"


"Deer? Well thank you for the compliment!" Yoona said hiding the sarcastic tone and she started laughing real hard with her mouth wide open.


"You like deer? Well if you don't mind, I'll call you Alligator!" Donghae said.


"What?!"


"You heard me, Alligator.." Donghae told her.


Yoona heaved a deep breath and calmed herself even though she really wants to kill him right now."Fine, Fish. Just tell me why are you here..  I need to see Yuri unnie, Sica unnie and Tae unnie."


"Ms. Song said that we should start reviewing together.." He replied.


"Together.. you mean, we're paired?" 


Donghae nodded.




═══════════════════════════════════════════════════


Yuri was sitting on the bleachers while watching the Seoul High football team practice. How she wish she could play on the field too but too bad. Seoul High has no girls team in football.


The coach blew his whistle.  The football team members stopped and went to get their water and towel.


The coach was standing in front of the bleachers where audiences were seated. He held the megaphone up to his mouth and he started to talk through the megaphone.


"We will have baseball try-out for the girls. Me and Seoul High's MVP, Siwon, will help me choose the possible members for the football team." Siwon stood up and waved at the girls. 


The coach continued, "To those who are interested to join the try-out please line up down here.."


Yuri ran down the field and lined up. This is a dream true for her because this opportunity to play for one of the most prestigious schools in the whole Seoul.


The girls in front of Yuri had already shown their baseball skills or apparently, they just want to impress Siwon. Yuri was next. Siwon threw her the ball and she positioned herself and pitched the ball.


'I feel like throwing the ball to that horse again..' Yuri thought


Next, Siwon threw the baseball bat at her. She positioned herself as Siwon threw the ball.


Yuri focused her attention to the ball. When the ball was near her, she tried to hit the ball with her bat. And she succeed! 


"All the girls, please sit down while we discuss those qualifiers." The coach said.


Yuri was waiting for the coach's announcement when the girls behind her started gossiping about, of  course, Siwon. 


"Have you heard? Siwon and Siyoung broke up yesterday!" Girl 1 said.


"Really? Finally! they don't fit with each other!" Girl 2 said.


"Yeah! You know who fits him best?" Girl 3 asked.


"Who?" 


"Me!" Girl 3 boasted.


"As if that will come true.." 


"Oppa.. please notice us!" Girl 1 wished.


'So I was right. That horse is really a playboy. His looks and action tell that he's a playboy!' Yuri thought.


The coach faked a cough. "Ehem. So here's the 1st batch of qualifiers. Shin Minneul. Bae Chin Hee. Park Rira. and Kwon Yuri. Congratulations!"


"But coach! wait! I told you! Yuri isn't qualified!" Siwon complained.


Yuri gave her a what-did-you-say face. " But she has the potentials, Siwon. No more complaints, Siwon. Yuri is in!" The coach said.


"Not qualified huh?" Yuri repeated. "Sorry but coach said that I have the potential!" Yuri stuck her tongue and laughed.




═══════════════════════════════════════════════════


Yoona lazily sat on the chair. "Where will we start, Fish?" 


"Let's start with factoring. Shall we start?" Donghae asked.


"Stop being formal! It doesn't suit you!" Yoona told him.


"What? Why should I be formal to you? You looked like you're younger than me!"


"Yeah yeah. I'm younger cause you look like an old ahjussi!" Yoona taunted.


"Yah! I don't look like an old ahjussi. Why would i look like that? Can't you even see that all girls are drooling over me?" He asked.


"Correction! Not all girls because I don't drool over you, Fish!" Yoona corrected.


"Arasso arasso!" Donghae compromised. "But I know you will!" Donghae added that earned a smack from Yoona.


"Ouch! Are you even a girl?" Donghae asked while massaging his biceps that Yoona smacked.


"Do fished have weak bones and muscles?" Yoona teased and laughed.


"Answer your question yourself!" Donghae rolled his eyes.


Yoona grabbed the book and opened it. She scanned the book and searched for a problem. Suddenly, Yuri appeared squealing.


"Yoona! i qualified for female baseball team!" 


"Really unnie? Congrats!" Yoona hugged Yuri. "its a good thing you're not with that horse.." Yoona frowned.


"Waeyo?" Yuri asked.


"I'm stuck with this fish!" Yoona pointed.


"Excuse me?" Donghae said.


"Shut up!" Yoona and Yuri chorused. 


"Well, good luck Yoona.." Yuri said.


"Waeyo?" Yoona asked.


"Because i have to leave. I have to search for Sica unnie and Tae unnie. Good bye!" Yuri sprinted away.


"Unnie!" Yoona said and glared at Donghae. "Let's start!"

No comments:

Post a Comment